.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 12, 2006

ChiTrib Features St. Meinrad Monastery


Fort Wayne blogger Amy Welborn points her readers to the Chicago Tribune travel feature on St Meinrad's Academy in Ferdinand, Indiana.

Ms. Welborn publishes the nationally recognized weblog open book.
The monastery, with its Byzantine-Romanesque buildings that include an 87-foot-high domed church, is one of the largest communities of Benedictine sisters in this country. In 1867, four nuns of the Benedictine St. Walburga Abbey in Eichstaett, Bavaria, were lured here to educate the area's many Catholic immigrants by the dense forests that reminded them of their native land.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home