.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 05, 2006

Blogger Baker Summarizes the First Week on Capitol Hill

Van Wert's Aaron Baker has a few observations following his first week serving as a summer intern on Capitol Hill for Indiana's U.S. Representative Mike Pence.
For those of you who question my survival skills: rest easy, I’ve completed my first week in D.C.

[...]

I spent a lot of the week getting used to the Capitol. The staff finally cut us loose, and we explored nooks and crannies available only to staffers. We poked our head into Pelosi’s office. Her not-so-sunny California boy cocked his peculiar head at us, past the stargazer lilies that too well matched his pink shirt. Democrats… But I definitely got to see lots of stuff typically off limits to visitors.
Mr. Baker is a student at Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, Indiana.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home